Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Paekakariki Flood

WALT: Use prior knowledge when making text-to-text connections.


Hey readers throughout the week i have been reading a book called Paekakariki flood 

My book is about a family in Paekakariki. It started with a little girl named Ama and a cat named lucky who were asleep on the couch at 10:00 at night with Amas mum in the kitchen with poppy there dog then a river of water came through the kitchen and Amas mum came through the door with the dog and said “run there's a flood!” then she woke up and cuddled lucky in Amas favourite blanket then they did but then let go of her blanket and lucky jumped and disappeared into the dark then Ama said mum im drowning but she did not come save her instead the man across the street picked her up and bring her to her granddads house then they were safe and mum found the cat My complementary text is about a book of a kid who had a flood at school but said he did nothing at school and then her older son came home from school and had his pants ripped and he said nothing

Flood is natural incident in which a dry area or a dry piece of land suddenly gets submerged underwater water moves from lower ground level to higher ground level whenever it rains heavily and there is less drainage,a flood occurs


create task 2 is i had to make a survival pack for what to do in a flood 




create task 3 i had to make my own newspaper 





5 comments:

  1. Hi Lathan,
    I like how you described the book that you are reading this week! Your blog post is amazing. Probably next time you could describe your create tasks.
    - Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok
    i will do
    Lathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lathan i really like your blog post but next time can you describe what yuo are doing but its great -victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post,some good information in it :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!